5 Ways to Build Stronger Friendships
Look!... everyone needs to update their friendship arsenal with some real magic.
OK so maybe not everyone, but how about you?
Human expression is wide and unique.
I'm going to share 5 ways I like to build bonds with my friends.
- Be clear and upfront about who you are.
...and how you expect to be treated.
- Each others time
- Each others space
- Each others pace
- Allow them to be in their own lane, while you are in yours.
- Allow them to be themselves and release the "story" of who you want them to be.
Yes it may be true that you see that individual's potential but the responsibility ultimately lays with the person who's journey it is.
You may give the flower light and water and food but it is the flower that blooms when it's ready.
- Show up - do what you say your going to do.
- Be honest when you're just not that into something and when you are.
- Pay attention, collect data about your friends' likes, habits and rituals...find ways to be of service to the union of your friendship.
What is something you did for a friend today or this week? I'd love to hear.